While the boys go, the girls stay and have a "princess party." There is an actual little party with our friends, the Browns, but the whole week is pretty much a princess party too. We play, shop, and treat ourselves. I could have sworn I took some pictures of our adventures, but I've got nothing =(
I do have a completed checklist of things I was going to do while the boys were gone. We:
- Went to Ikea
- Applied our Ikea purchases (i.e. made beds with new bedding, hung curtain rods & shelves, framed pictures)
- Went to Downeast Home
- Went to the Temple
- Cleaned out the car (which was the equivalent of cleaning a barn, although that's probably offensive to actual animals)
- Video chatted with the boys a lot
- Read my book for book club
- Prepared a YW lesson
- Went to Deseret Book
- Went to Sally Beauty for Nail polish, applied said nail polish on three sets of nails
- Grocery shopped
- Went to Stake Auxiliary Training
- Cleared to DVR queue of my "crap" shows Eric hates to watch
- Washed and folded 5 loads of laundry
- Dusted the blinds
- Cleaned! Cleaned! Cleaned!
- Hosted the Princess Party
Thankfully, this post does not have to be pictureless, Eric managed to take a few from their week with his phone:
A new development from this trip was that it was brought to my attention that Audrey and Maggie DO NOT LIKE EACH OTHER. I had no idea they have been just coexisting with Amos as a buffer. The girls fought like crazy without him around, and it was something else. Maggie just wanted to be left alone, and Audrey was SO lonely. They really missed their brother. Maggie kept looking at the calendar and saying, "why is [Amos' trip] taking too long????"
Now that Amos is back, all is right in the world again. Amos and Audrey are running wild in the yard (with the chickens) and Maggie is alone inside playing by herself. Who knew???
If you look closely, you can see the top of Audrey's head in the coop. She thinks she's a chick. Amos thought it was great.
I am so glad Amos and Eric get to make it back to PA so much, but I am even more glad that they're back with us.