Girls' Camp ended on Friday, July 1, so Eric and I got to come home to an Independence Day weekend party already in full swing. The kids were having the time of their lives with Nan and Pop, and Eric and I returning home just added more excitement.
We have great 4th of July traditions with Nan and Pop, and we kept them all again this year. For future reference (and in no particular order):
1. The parade.
2. The Freedom Festival in downtown Provo.
3. Sparklers and Fireworks in our driveway. (Yes, I am wearing a bathrobe. I wasn't feeling good, so I'd already gone to bed for the night, but then I couldn't miss the sparklers so I got back up).
4. Watching Stadium of Fire in the cemetery (or attending depending on the performers).
5. A fire with s'mores in the backyard.
6. A BBQ
7. The burning of the Christmas tree. (We usually have a party for this, but we decided last year there were too many witnesses. We did it much more quietly this year).
8. At least one fishing trip.
I have to say, the best part of the 4th this year was the legalization of aerial fireworks. Our neighbors went NUTS and we got an amazing show. If we ever leave Utah, I will really miss our July traditions.