Friday, February 11, 2011

Freedom Week Revisited

I finally got around to cleaning and organizing my little space in the kitchen yesterday. You know the spot, the dumping ground for EVERYTHING.  Anyway, while I was doing that I came across my Mom's journal from when she and Grampy watched the kids last summer (i.e. Freedom Week).  I was saving them so I could record them here, so why not today, 8 months later? 

"Amos and Maggie's Bogus Adventure"

Sunday, June 13, 2010

When the weather is bad, we say try something else! So on Sunday we headed to Boise, ID with Grammy Cindy Shaver and Papa Rodger Shaver.  They will be known as Grammy and Papa from now on.

Grammy went to Salt Lake early in the morning (momma took her and then came back). Papa, Amos, and Maggie left Springville about 10:45 a.m. to pick up Grammy in Salt Lake.  She was ready when they arrived so all were on the road by 11:45 headed to Boise.

The car ride went very well.  We stopped for gas and Grammy got Amos and Maggie french fries and "sauce."

We got to Grammy's house about 5:00 p.m.  It sure felt good to get out of the car.  Amos and Maggie got reaquainted with Squirt and Mahanna.  Maggie was scared of both of them for a few hours.

Liz called and invited us over for dinner, so we got to play with Carrie, Allison, Morgan, and Levi.  The bonus room had lots of toys-even a choo choo train. 

Too soon it was time to go back to Grammy's, get jammies on, brush teeth, pray, and go to bed.  Boy, were we tired!

Monday, June 14, 2010

Woke up to a beautiful day. Great day to ride bikes, jump on the trampoline and swim. 

The Iversons came over in the afternoon and we played for hours.  It was hot so we put on our floaties and did a lot of swimming.  We had a picnic, more swimming, and finally bed.  Grammy looked really tired.  She went to bed at 9:30 p.m.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

After a busy Monday we needed to regroup.  Papa stayed home in the morning so Grammy could go to the grocery store and get nummies.  Papa thought it would be fun to go to the park but the trip was cute short when Papa's patience ran out.

Grammy came home with nummies and Amos and Maggie took a nap.  All we excited for 1/2 price Happy Meals and we met Morgan and Levi at McDonalds.  Maggie amazed everyone by eating all the leftovers.

No swimming today-too cold, but did some good jumping on the tramp.  Maggie gets both feet off the ground.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Cold and windy-no swimming today.  Amos and Maggie mostly played inside.  Amos had a good trip with Papa to Home Depot and to pick up the lawnmower.  Maggie pretty much sat in her high chair and ate the whole time.  Grammy thought it was much easier with just one child.  She even got some laundry done.

Amos and Maggie loved their new toys-Buzz Lightyear and Jessie.  Buzz even talks. 

In the afternoon the kids went to Iversons for a couple hours of playtime.  Amos loves to play with Morgan.  Maggie loves to eat.  We have changed 3 poopie diapers each today.

Dinner at the Iversons, more play in the backyard and then home to Grammy's.

Neither Amos or Maggie put up a fuss about going to bed.  Neither did Grammy and Papa.

Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer.  Maybe more outside time but with all the toys in Meg's living room, inside time is pretty good.

Amos' report of playtime: "Amos make mess, Amos clean up.  Good job Amos."

Thursday, June 17, 2010

This was a busy day!  Amos slept in 'til 8:30 and Maggie until 9:00.  Wow-that is Grammy time.  After a breakfast of grapes and lucky charms we all headed out for a morning shopping.  Grammy and Maggie shopped at walmart, while Amos and Grampy shopped at the farm store.

Everyone was great so they earned some time at the park.  It was great to have one on one and they ran around like crazy-up and down.  Amos was very insatisified with the swing pushing.  We never could figure out what he wanted.  He would take one hand off the chain and point to the sky, but when we pushed harder he would get mad.  Who knows?

After lunch they both slept from 12:30-3:00.  Great for Grammy and Grampy to get some yard work done.

The Iversons were here when they got up so had some good time in the hot tub and on the tramp.

Amos loved the steak we had for dinner-just like his Dad.  8:00 and bedtime!


And, that's where it ends.  I don't know if I lost a couple pages, or if Grammy quit recording, but that's all I have.   I got there to pick them on Sunday, so I don't know what happened on Friday and Saturday?  I guess it'll be another great mystery, like what Amos wanted when he was on the swing?

No comments: